Northwestern Surveying and Engineering is willing to partner with other organizations on large infrastructure projects. We are veteran owned and are qualified to work on MnDot projects.
- NWSE is veteran owned and can be used in major projects to receive preference in government projects.
- NWSE is a member of ISnetworld and follows strict guidelines for safety, training, drug testing and maintains high levels of auto, general liability and professional insurance.
- NWSE has partnered with other organizations to create a vast and diversified workforce that meets the high demands of large infrastructure projects.
Michael Stang, President, has heavy construction experience as a geometry control engineer and survey manager. He has worked on multimillion-dollar projects and stayed on budget and on schedule. Mike pioneers new survey methods for projects which streamline efficiency and save money. Furthermore, Mike is an entrepreneur who knows how to make on the spot decisions that fit within the parameter of the project. He can get the job done and he can get it done right.
Some of his major projects include:
- I-35 Saint Anthony Falls Bridge replacement (234 million) project was awarded “Best design Build Project Award 2009”,
- Interior to Lower Mainline Transmission Line Project from outside Merritt BC to Coquitlam BC (743 million). Project ensures that homes and businesses in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island continue to receive clean and reliable energy.
- Port Mann Bridge/Highway 1 (1.93 billion) Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Second largest cable-stayed bridge in North America.
Amy Stenseng, Senior Vice President, has experience in civil design, heavy construction staking and inspection, project permitting, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing.
Some of her certifications include:
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Design and Construction Site Management
- MnDOT Aggregate Production, Grading & Base Level 1 & 2, Bituminous Street Level 1 & 2, Bituminous Plant Level 1, Concrete Field Level 1 & 2, Concrete Plant Level 1
- MnDOT ADA Design and Construction